[gobolinux-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Scripts 2.9.7
jonas at gobolinux.org
Fri Dec 26 00:08:58 NZDT 2008
here is a present for all of you, even for those of you who don't
celebrate christmas: Scripts 2.9.7. This is a bugfix release of
Scripts and to have it installed just issue "InstallPackage Scripts"
at a prompt.
Several bugs have been squashed, but most notable is that
UpdateSettings now works even when locale is not en_US. Full changelog
is at the bottom of this message.
2008-11-11 19:29 mohjive
* Makefile: Only change the "real" VERSION variable
2008-11-11 19:32 mohjive
* Makefile: We want to create the tarball from the tag (while we
still are switched) instead of trunk
2008-11-11 20:22 lucasvr
* Resources/Defaults/Settings/Scripts/CompatibilityList: Added old
XFree86 package to the Xorg compatibility list.
2008-11-14 17:15 mohjive
* bin/UpdateSettings: Force en_US output from diff, as having diff
output in other languages breaks the following sed, as reported
2008-11-15 22:08 mohjive
* bin/FindPackage: Switch to use gnu_getopts, which support mixing
of options and non-options. Also keep calling name in argv and
2008-11-19 12:17 mohjive
* Resources/Defaults/Settings/GenericFlags.conf: Add "motif"
2008-11-24 05:37 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Make UseFlagEngine instances picklable by stripping
lambdas/instancemethods from attributes.
2008-11-24 05:38 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Add UFE.disabledflags method.
2008-12-01 20:11 mohjive
* bin/UnionSandbox: Set a sensible timeout for "udevadm settle".
Patch by David Karell
2008-12-01 20:18 mohjive
* Resources/Defaults/Settings/bashrc: Set TMPDIR environment
variable for bash as well
2008-12-01 21:22 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Fix a couple of bugs with UseFlags/GetRecipe
2008-12-01 21:45 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Fix program-specific comparison, that was using
2008-12-02 22:43 mohjive
* Functions/File: Move file information functions from Compile to
Functions/File in Scripts
2008-12-04 07:41 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Optional useflags spooky action at a distance for
those that want it.
2008-12-04 07:52 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Spookiness by default (but still optional).
2008-12-04 07:57 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Fix a few bugs related to having no potential flags
(as recipe not specified)
2008-12-04 08:52 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: "if program is Foo" blocks, and scoping-related
2008-12-05 08:55 mohjive
* bin/UnionSandbox: No need to create the tmp dir non-readable by
group or others
2008-12-05 09:07 mohjive
* Functions/PostInstall: We're not interested if "rmdir" failed or
2008-12-05 09:36 mohjive
* Functions/PostInstall: On second thoughts, we are interested if
"rmdir" failed or not, we just need to try harder
2008-12-09 23:14 mwh
* bin/UseFlags: Current spookiness seems to cause more problems
without solving any; undefault it until that's resolved.
2008-12-15 00:44 mwh
* bin/UpdateSettings: Use LANG/LC_ALL=C to run diff.
EN is not an ISO3166 country code, so en_EN will never work, and
if you are
running another locale will produce unpredictable results,
to infinite loops later on. LANG=C should always produce the same
everywhere. If utf-8 is necessary for some reason, we should use
2008-12-17 00:39 mwh
* Resources/Defaults/Settings/zshrc: "colors" is no longer loaded
by default in ZSH 4.3.9, so autoload it explicitly or you get
errors and monochrome prompts.
2008-12-24 08:43 mwh
* Data/CommandNotFound.data: CNF DB update before the release.
More information about the gobolinux-devel