[gobolinux-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Scripts 2.9.11 and Compile 1.12.4 released
michael at gobolinux.org
Sun Oct 25 14:58:26 NZDT 2009
We are pleased to announce the release of Scripts 2.9.11 and Compile 1.12.4.
These releases do not contain many major functional changes, with the focus
mostly on bug fixes and similar improvements leading up to 015 (of which more
In Scripts, several programs will now offer suggested corrections to program
names and versions that aren't found, using the new Corrections script. The
tools will now interact better with Manager when interactivity is required, so
trunk Manager should now be usable.
xz-format archives are now supported, and there is better output from archive
extraction when the required extraction program is not found. Package
blacklisting now works more reliably and safe linking should now be slightly
Compile has minor bugfixes and improvements but no major changes. It will also
offer the corrections for mistyped recipe names, and suggest the correct action
when `Compile Scripts` is called. Noticeable bugfixes are that it will obey --
no-web for SCM recipes and check for existing recipes when running NewVersion.
There are two changes affecting recipe API:
* $basedir is now available in hooks as well.
* There is a new python_major recipe variable which specifies the major (2.x,
3.x) version of Python to be used in recipe_type=python. It should be left
unset for Python 2 recipes and set to 3 for Python 3.x recipes. This affects
which executable setup.py is run with.
There are also many assorted changes to help support the /System/Index layout
in 015, but most work on that is taking place in the 015 branch in SVN.
As the master mirror appears to have gone down for the count, the packages are
available from gobolinux.org:
These can be installed using `InstallPackage
likely will not be picked up with only `InstallPackage Scripts` because of the
missing master mirror.
As the mirror has gone, you should remove gobo.calica.com from your
GetAvailable.conf and Compile.conf to avoid errors fetching the package and
recipe lists. When/if the mirror comes back up it can be replaced there.
kundor.org is working, and there is a copy on gobolinux.org as well if needed.
As always, please report any bugs you encounter in these new releases, either
on bugs.gobolinux.org or here if you're unsure or need help. Thanks to all the
contributors of code, bug reports, and feedback over this release cycle.
Now, on the subject of 015: it has been decided that it will use the
/System/Index layout as discussed previously. The widespread adoption of
broken-by-design CMake has forced our hand a little here, and delayed the
release longer than I would have preferred. It will also break up the
hodgepodge in /Files and /System/Variable in favour of /System/Variable and a
new /Data directory. Most of the work for these changes is complete, and you
can see the planned tools in the 015 branch in SVN. There's still some work to
go, and package selection and combining for the ISO is yet to come.
Outside commitments have stalled the process at the moment. We hope to get it
back on track later this year. Proposed packages for the release are at
<http://karlsson.sytes.net/gobo/015/packages/>, but no progress is being made
on that end at the moment. A new pretaste ISO will wait until after those
real-world commitments wind down a bit as well, although somebody else is
welcome to have a crack at putting one together - the packages and tools are
Since there is an enforced delay in the process, I intend to take advantage of
it to get /System/Aliens into shape for the 015 release. It isn't guaranteed
to make it in - the release will not delay on it if it isn't ready - but given
the form it has now it shouldn't have too many difficulties. Once the
infrastructure is in place I encourage interested people to get in touch with
me about building the interfaces for third-party systems they want to have.
Full changelogs follow below.
2009-10-25 00:28 mwh
* Makefile: Bare `read` is a bashism; use `read _` instead.
2009-10-25 00:25 mwh
* bin/CreateRootlessEnvironment: Update version for
2009-10-24 21:11 mohjive
* Functions/GoboLinux, bin/ListProgramFiles: * Add option to not
list resources with ListProgramFiles.
* Do not include Resources when doing safe linking or restore,
using new option with ListProgramFiles.
* Just check if listed file is a symlink or continue in safe link
and restore; do not try to go up the tree as 'find' will list
containing directories as well.
2009-10-24 20:47 mohjive
* Functions/GoboLinux, bin/GoboPath: Fixes from 015 branch.
* Manuals go into share/man for $goboIndex as well.
* Failed installations are moved to *-failed everytime they are
* Also, when copying, we don't copy to an eventually existing
directory, instead we create the target and copy all
subdirectories and files there.
* Added 'ldconfig' call for Pre_Installation_Preparation and
Post_Installation_Clean_Up for cases when needed.
* Use $goboExecutables, etc instead of to support /System/Index
* In Programs_To_System_Path() matching regex includes slash, so
it must be added in the result.
2009-09-02 04:50 mohjive
* Functions/Log: Make echoflags local so state isn't kept between
2009-08-21 09:22 mwh
* bin/CheckDependencies: Fix blacklisting - entries are
case-folded, but comparison was case-sensitive. Reported by
lempour on #gobolinux.
2009-07-18 19:42 mohjive
* Functions/MetadataInstallation: Use var/lib for mime state
information and fix a redirection typo
2009-07-15 20:30 detsch
* bin/UpdateSettings: Make UpdateSettings questions compatible with
2009-07-12 19:12 mohjive
* Functions/GoboLinux: Make sure we leave the function standing in
the same directory we are when we enter.
2009-07-08 12:25 mohjive
* bin/FixDirReferences: Fix a counting error on how many
subdirectories that should be replaced.
2009-07-07 16:05 detsch
* bin/GetAvailable: Giving old getUnpackedLocalPackages a more
Replaced now unused "requireCurrent" parameter for
2009-07-07 15:54 detsch
* bin/GetAvailable: Re-enable required code in GetAvailable
2009-07-07 15:11 detsch
* bin/UpdateSettings: Use "auto" (instead of "interactive") as
default mode when the output is
2009-07-07 08:24 mwh
* bin/CheckDependencies: Remove use of deprecated
BaseException.message attribute in CheckDependencies
2009-07-07 08:10 mohjive
* bin/GetAvailable: Add sys.maxint as revision to local packages
without revision, so that they are at the same precedence as
2009-07-07 08:08 mohjive
* bin/CheckDependencies: Respect Dependencies.blacklist and add a
new option, --blacklist, to define own blacklist
2009-07-07 08:07 mohjive
* bin/GetAvailable: Do not require "Current" symlink for
'installed' or 'local_packages'. Also don't look for "Current"
inside an unpacked package/recipe unless spefically asked for
2009-07-07 08:03 mohjive
* bin/CheckDependencies: Pass on goboPrograms if set and also
accept option to --gobo-programs, as specified
2009-07-03 17:48 detsch
* Functions/Log: Keep colorNormal escape code in the same line as
the message itself,
by explicitly telling Log_Function when we don't want a line
(instead of passing a \n with the message when we want one).
Re-add $colorNormal$colorNormal sequence, as expected by Manager
process a line as a question.
2009-07-03 17:43 detsch
* Functions/Terminal: Added a goboColorScripts environment variable
colors even when redirecting output
2009-07-03 13:29 detsch
* bin/GetAvailable: Better empty MANIFEST files handling in
2009-07-03 09:45 mwh
* bin/SymlinkProgram: Fix typo that skipped fixing cmake files
2009-06-25 20:46 lucasvr
* bin/CreateRootlessEnvironment: TABs.
2009-06-05 10:30 mohjive
* bin/CheckDependencies: Pass localdirs to GetAvailable
2009-06-03 14:49 mohjive
* bin/SandboxInstall: Ignore distcc leftovers
2009-05-30 09:20 mohjive
* Functions/GoboLinux: Use ListProgramFiles instead of 'find'
2009-05-21 22:31 mohjive
* bin/InstallPackage: This is not true anymore now with safe copy.
2009-05-21 09:12 mohjive
* Functions/OptionParser: Check value of $helpOnNoArguments instead
of just checking if set.
2009-05-18 08:40 mwh
* src/CommandNotFound.c: Output CNF to stdout rather than stderr,
for reasons I do not understand but equally can't really bring
myself to care about
2009-05-18 08:28 mohjive
* Functions/Archive: make CommandNotFound output default and not
2009-05-18 08:21 mohjive
* Functions/Archive: Add xz support to Archive
Make Archive support output from file(1) 5.x
Simplify file(1) output parsing using information from output
instead of multiple choice
Add CommandNotFound support if archiver isn't found
2009-05-18 07:52 mwh
* bin/InstallPackage: Suggest corrections for package names, using
GetAvailable and Corrections
2009-05-18 07:51 mwh
* bin/DisableProgram, bin/RemoveProgram, bin/SymlinkProgram: Use
Corrections script to suggest mistyped program names
2009-05-18 07:50 mwh
* Makefile, bin/Corrections: Add Corrections script, which suggests
corrections of mistypings of arguments
2009-10-25 00:39 mwh
* Makefile: Bare `read` is a bashism; replace with `read _`.
2009-10-25 00:38 mwh
* Functions/BuildType_python: Default python_major should be blank
as we do not create python2 link.
2009-10-24 20:20 mohjive
* Functions/Compile, bin/Compile: Changes from 015 branch.
* Variable values must be quoted so that strings with spaces
don't become separated.
* Don't switch $target to $goboIndex for install paths.
2009-09-02 04:54 mohjive
* bin/Compile: If directory is empty we get '\*' as basename, which
lists all contents in pwd
2009-08-25 07:37 mwh
* Functions/BuildType_python: Add python_major variable allowing
selection of python2/3 setup in recipe_type=python.
2009-07-12 09:42 mwh
* bin/Compile: Display message when compiling a program using
part_of so user can know where it is installed.
2009-06-25 14:45 lucasvr
* bin/NewVersion: Check for existing recipe when running
NewVersion. Fixes bug #403.
2009-06-19 08:30 mwh
* bin/Compile: Force Compile to bail when building Scripts or
itself with a warning to use InstallPackage, unless explicit
recipe version is provided. This allows for removing the masking
recipes and improves discoverability of the right way.
2009-06-02 14:24 mohjive
* bin/Compile: Mark $basedir for export as well, so it's available
2009-05-22 08:47 mohjive
* Functions/Compile: Add missing log function.
2009-05-21 22:27 mohjive
* Functions/Compile: Really don't fetch scm source if --no-web was
used and error out if files are not available in that case.
2009-05-18 07:53 mwh
* Functions/Compile: Suggest corrections to mistyped recipe names
using GetAvailable and Corrections
2009-05-11 07:13 mwh
* Functions/BuildType_perl: Rename prefix to PREFIX. See
ExtUtils::MakeMaker(3) for details.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://lists.gobolinux.org/pipermail/gobolinux-devel/attachments/20091025/2f42c6da/attachment.pgp
More information about the gobolinux-devel