[gobolinux-users] Annoying stale utmp entries

Bill Burdick bill at mobilereasoning.com
Wed Nov 3 18:42:06 GMT 2004

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this problem, but our utmp on our
server never releases login entries.  I found a utility that can scan
utmp and remove stale entries, called utmp-jeber from the Polish PLD
distro team.  I don't know what jeber means.  Maybe it's Polish for
cleaner.  Anyway, I put this entry in my fcrontab and one minute after I
log out, utmp is fine:

@ 1 utmp-jeber -l -x

that removes entries with no login process.  The package is here:

http://mobilereasoning.com/gobo/recipe-store/UTMP-Jeber--1.0.13--recipe.tar.bz2

--
	Bill Burdick
	Bill at mobilereasoning.com