[gobolinux-users] Re: Java and free software

mirza mirza at seznam.cz
Fri Nov 5 02:15:16 GMT 2004

MJ Ray wrote:

> Torvalds produces free software. Not sure what debate you're referring
> too.

I am referring to:
BitKeeper issue (Linus Torvalds involved), Crystal Space port to
PlayStation issue (RMS involved), ... to make long story short, as most
people know, Linus uses propriatery sw when it suits his needs better
then F/OSS, RMS hates even idea of using it. So, It seems to me that SUN
Java in Gobo discussion is one of endless forks of general Torvalds/RMS
phylosophical issue that will never be settled anyway, so lets forget
about that and move on. If someone likes idea of SUN Java SDK with gobo
(me), he can make fork of gobo distro (which is actually great advantage
of F/OSS model).