[gobolinux-users] Re: [gobo-l] ZSH and rox?

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Wed Nov 3 23:56:31 GMT 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:42:17 -0600
Bill Burdick <bill at mobilereasoning.com> wrote:

> Sorry.  What about symlinking ".../AppRun" as "~/.appdir_cache/app"
> instead of using hash.  Kind of like /System/Links/Executables.

And add ~/.appdir_cache to PATH?
That doesn't work, as the AppRun scripts often needs to know where the
rest of the appdir is, which they most often do by "dirname $0", which
doesn't work for symlinks. I'd have to add a readlink -f in all AppRun
scripts for it to work. Anyhow, the hash stuff is fast and works very
well.

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-