[gobolinux-users] Recipe creating question.

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 8 19:11:42 GMT 2004

I have another question about recipes.

I have a package: plt-scheme,

The url looks like this:
http://download.plt-scheme.org/bundles/208/plt/plt-208-src-unix.tgz

I want it to install itself to /Programs/plt-scheme/208/

At the moment for the compilation it is doing this:
PLT/208-src-unix

The next problem is that the configure script is in a src subdirectory,
so configure needs to be called there, and other than that it follows
the prefix rules.

How can I get the Recipe right to do this?  I can override the directory
and name options with Compile, but would like to do this automatically
in the Recipe so others can use it without having to do the override.

I have looked at /Programs/Compile/Current/doc/README but it is not
really clear enough.

I have been thinking that dir= is useful, but tried that and it still
went to PLT/208-src-unix

I am wondering if I compile with the overrides will it put together a
new recipe with these things already done?

Guess I'll try and see what happens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rohan