[gobolinux-users] rep-xmms compile failed

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 9 17:35:25 GMT 2004

Hi again,

I use rep-xmms bindings a lot to control xmms from the keyboard, but
things are not working in the default compile of the recipe that
MakeRecipe made for me.

Here are the messages

/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs
/Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish/site-lisp/xmms/ mkdir
/Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish mkdir
/Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish/site-lisp mkdir
/Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish/site-lisp/xmms for d in xmms/; do \
  for f in $d/*.jl $d/*.jlc; do \
    /System/Links/Executables/install -c -m 644 $f
/Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish/site-lisp/$d; \  done \
done
/Programs/LibRep/0.17/share/libexec/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/install-alias
es -l . /Programs/Rep-XMMS/0.4/share/sawfish/site-lisp make[1]: Leaving
directory `/System/Variable/tmp/.FiboSandbox9020/lisp' for f in ./DOC*;
do \  /System/Links/Executables/install -c -m 644 $f
/Programs/LibRep/0.17/share/libexec/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/xmms ; \ done
real_install: cannot create regular file
`/Programs/LibRep/0.17/share/libexec/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/xmms':
Permission denied make: *** [install] Error 1
SandboxInstall: Installation failed.
Compile: Installation step failed.

I can't get sawfish to compile either, but that is the topic of
another post.....

The librep program compiled and installed with no problems, but I see
that there is an attempt to copy the file over to the librep tree, and
quite rightly this should not be allowed.

So I am thinking that is actually wanted is to save the files in the
rep-xmms tree (which if I read it correctly has already been done) and
then link it to the librep tree.

The only problem is I don't know how to stop the Makefile doing this,
and what I should be putting in the recipe to make sure the links are
created.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Btw. I am having problems with my email, so might not answer for a
couple of days, this is because I can't see the mail at this point, it
is not because I don't want to, believe me.:-)

Rohan