[gobolinux-users] Recipe creating question.

Hisham Muhammad hisham at apple2.com
Tue Nov 9 20:39:24 GMT 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 17:11, Rohan NIcholls wrote:
> I have another question about recipes.
>
> I have a package: plt-scheme,
>
> The url looks like this:
> http://download.plt-scheme.org/bundles/208/plt/plt-208-src-unix.tgz
>
> I want it to install itself to /Programs/plt-scheme/208/
>
> At the moment for the compilation it is doing this:
> PLT/208-src-unix

MJ's suggestion was right on: you can specify the app name and version
explicitly when it does not detect it correctly from the filename.

> The next problem is that the configure script is in a src subdirectory,
> so configure needs to be called there, and other than that it follows
> the prefix rules.
>
> How can I get the Recipe right to do this?  I can override the directory
> and name options with Compile, but would like to do this automatically
> in the Recipe so others can use it without having to do the override.
>
> I have looked at /Programs/Compile/Current/doc/README but it is not
> really clear enough.
>
> I have been thinking that dir= is useful, but tried that and it still
> went to PLT/208-src-unix

Your suspect was right, this is what dir= is for. Xorg, for example,
uncompresses to a directory called "xc", so it has "dir=xc". The entire path
relative to the archive root has to be passed, so you may need something like
"dir=plt-208/src" there.

HTH,

-- Hisham