[gobolinux-users] Enemy-Territory--2.56--i386

michael michael at xinomorph.org
Wed Nov 10 13:03:44 GMT 2004

I have a working binary package for the freeware game, Wolfenstein:
Enemy Territory on GoboLinux.  There are two problems that need to be
addressed before it can be distributed:

- The License.  I'm unsure if I can actually distribute it.  It's the
same game, installed, with a couple of their shell scripts patched for
GoboLinux, and some of the directories are reorganized.  The shell
scripts in question just change to ET's directory, and then run the
program from there.

- The size.  The tarball is 258 MB.  I have a 128kbit uplink, and it'll
take a *long* time to put somewhere, and it'll put a lot of stress on
the binary mirrors.

I did it as a real binary package, not a recipe, as it seems recipes for
binary packages aren't really liked, and no solution has yet been
implemented.  A recipe for the package would be a fix to this problem,
and only be a few KB.  (Though I would still have to write it.)

Any ideas? (:

--
Michael "stormy" Farrell: http://ratemyrackmountedserver.com/~michael/
EMAIL: zvpunry at kvabzbecu.bet, fgbezl at xehry.bet  JABBER: fgbezl at xehry.bet
IRC: zvpbybhf at vep.serrabqr.arg, fgbezl at vep.xehry.bet
GoboLinux Victim #01000001. Eat ROT13, spambots! tr A-Za-z N-ZA-Mn-za-m