[gobolinux-users] initializing eth0

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 10 16:37:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:13:44 -0200
Evandro Clivatti Dall'Agnol <ecd at cscience.org> wrote:

> Rohan NIcholls wrote:
> > So what I need is a place where I can tell the init scripts to make
> > sure they do the modprobe.  Where is the best place to do this?
> >

> The modprobe stuff I put in /System/Settings/Bootscripts/Multi.
>
> My line for the ethernet card:
>
> Exec "Loading ethernet modules..."       modprobe natsemi
Thanks this works well as the b44 module is loaded when I check.

But still the ethernet is not up.

I have looked and found this in Options

NetworkInterfaces=/System/Settings/BootScripts/Network

So I am guessing that this means each of the files in Network are
run and configured.

Here is the Multi file, I was careful to make sure that the module was
loaded before the network was called, but then I am
#!/bin/sh

Exec "Loading ethernet modules..."                      modprobe b44
Exec "Initializing network..."                          Network Start
#Exec "Starting console mouse GPM..."                      Mouse Start
#Exec "Starting PCMCIA daemon..."                          PCMCIA Start

I do have this in Options:

#GatewayInterface=eth0

But I am figuring this is not the problem.

The lo interface is configured, so from what I can see the lo script is
being run.

I am happy to put this line in myself, but I figured it better to figure
out the "proper" way to do it.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Rohan