[gobolinux-users] Rox compile leads to ....

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 11 12:35:03 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:16:56 +1300
Michael Homer <dufus at wotfun.com> wrote:

> Rohan NIcholls wrote:
>
> >Okay, I tried to set up the environment variable, but it seems that
> >changing to bash and doing a
> >PERL5LIB=/System/Links/Libraries/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/
> >export PERL5LIB
> >

> Look in /Programs/Perl/Current/Resources/Environment -- mine has
> "export
> PERL5LIB=/System/Links/Libraries/perl5/5.8.3/site_perl:/System/Links/
> Libraries/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i686-linux:/System/Links/Libraries/pe
> rl5/5.8.3/i686-linux/", change as applicable. I think you need to
> SymlinkProgram Perl after that, and restart your zsh. It should get
> concatenated into /S/L/Environment/Cache. Perl-XML-Parser should pick
> it up then. It works for me.

Should this be updated in the recipe?  It seems this should happen
automatically, especially for ignoramuses such as myself.:-$

> For reference, one-shot variable sets are 'PERL5LIB=/blah:/foo/bar
> Compile ...' (if you need to test the effects of something), and
> export var=value works in zsh too.

Thanks, I tried this, setting the per5lib variable, but I think the
problem was that I was missing all the other libs, hence it looked like
it was having no effect.

Now on to shared-mime-info ...

rohan