[gobolinux-users] Yeay!! Rox is installed, however...

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Fri Nov 12 00:03:10 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:50:27 -0200
Rohan NIcholls <rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the help guys,
>
> shared-mime-info installed happily, I will send the recipe, and then I
> Compiled rox-filer successfully, but when symlinking this came up:
>
> SymlinkProgram: Creating expanded directory 'image'...
> SymlinkProgram: Conflict:
> /Programs/Shared-Mime-INFO/0.15/Shared/mime/image/png.xml
> SymlinkProgram: Conflict:
> /Programs/Shared-Mime-INFO/0.15/Shared/mime/globs SymlinkProgram:
> Conflict: /Programs/Shared-Mime-INFO/0.15/Shared/mime/magic
> SymlinkProgram: Conflict:
> /Programs/Shared-Mime-INFO/0.15/Shared/mime/XMLnamespaces
> SymlinkProgram: Processed 9 files. SymlinkProgram: Removing unused
> directories...
>
> I don't know if this is cause for alarm, and quite what happens on a
> conflict.  Does it force the link anyway or not make the link?

I think you should do a "SymlinkProgram -c overwrite ROX-Filer" to
replace the conflicting links with the files provided by the filer, Or
chances are that stuff won't work.
After you've done this you also need to do this in a shell (as gobo):

update-mime-database /System/Links/Shared/mime

And then I suggest to set up a dir called /ROX-Apps, where you put
AppDir's (you can link the filer here from
/Programs/ROX-Filer/Current/apps/ROX-Filer)
ROX-Lib2 and ROX-CLib is needed for many stuff, put this in /ROX-Apps
and then do "ln -sf /ROX-Apps/*Lib* /System/Links/Libraries" and Rox
AppDir's will find them...

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-