[gobolinux-users] Porting YaST

Otto Barnes otto.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:20:58 GMT 2004

It is a system configuration tool, very similar to Mandrake control
center.   This port would give a one click configuration application,
enabling gobo to add users, setup dhcp, install packages, etc....   I
would like/need to do the following to port to gobolinux.

Change configuration operations
Swap out rpm stuff and swap in Manager
Build XML for total system configuration

As far as the XML is concerned, I would eventually like to see this
used during installation, or with an aLFS type installer as I have
talked about before...some sources, few scripts and a xml
configuration file equals fresh built linux distro--all configured
from network settings to kde's look and feel.  Obviously I'm dreaming
here, but I've been wanting to do this for a while.

_Otto_