[gobolinux-users] New user question (start of many)

Andre Detsch detsch at terra.com.br
Sun Nov 14 17:27:17 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 00:03, Michael Homer wrote:
> FindPackage very rarely seems to work correctly for me, I'm not entirely
> sure why. In any case, most of this is done inside Freshen itself now
> (there's not much point having the versioning calculations and the like
> done twice). I'll probably have it call GetRecipe with the URL.

Is your 'GetAvailable.conf' file up-to-date (trying to get packages from
gobo.calica.com or kundor.org instead of gobolinux.org)?
What goes wrong? Does it never match any program name?

Btw, now both Compile and InstallPackage support url passing
e.g.:
  Compile http://www.gobolinux.org/recipe-store/Bison--1.875--recipe.tar.bz2
or
  InstallPackage \
   http://kundor.org/gobo/packages/official/Bison--1.875--i686.tar.bz2

> >- GetInstalled lists the installed programs, marking (with a '*') the
> > Current and, if '--detect-unlinked' is passed, it marks (with a 'X')
> > versions that have no link inside ${goboLinks}
>
> I don't have a GetInstalled... which package is it in?

I forgot to mention that it is still in 'Manager' package. Btw, if some other
tool start to use it, I don't see any reason not to moving it to the Scripts
package, since it is a quite general script.

> >- The 'Dependencies' script was improved, and now encapsulates much more
> > the dependencies checking, avoiding replication of code between Compile
> > and InstallPackage.
>
> This is probably something quite important. I'm working on building
> dependency trees at the moment (so I can run a sorted list and
> everything goes in the right order) and it's turning out more
> complicated than you'd think, particularly with binary packages that
> need to be downloaded first. The Dependencies script'll be a great help.

If possible, try to encapsulate this functionality in a separate script. I
would be very happy in using this installation ordering inside Manager :)
And feel free to send us patches on the Dependencies script if there are
additional functionalities that you think should be inside it.

--
André Detsch