[gobolinux-users] Python.h not found during make

Hisham Muhammad hisham at apple2.com
Tue Nov 16 04:03:21 GMT 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 07:02, Peter Eriksen wrote:
> Hello Gobo Users,
>
> Compilation of SuperKaramba--0.33--recipe.tar.bz2 fails with
> the beneath message.  I think, that it can't find the Python.h
> header file and thus will find the Python functions undeclared.
> That is odd, because I seem to have the header file:
>
> peter at eigil ~]ls -l /System/Links/Headers/python2.3/Python.h
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 gobo gobo 49 2004-11-13 09:48
> /System/Links/Headers/python2.3/Python.h ->
> /Programs/Python/2.3.4/include/python2.3/Python.h
>
> I have tried with Python 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 and SuperKaramba 0.33
> and 0.34 with the same result.
>
> Any suggestions on how to tell Compile about Python.h?

Ok, I looked into the problem here. Their configure script is quite
problematic. It does find Python.h -- you can see it in the output, but since
it can't find the Python *library*, it unsets all Python variables. But then
the configure script succeeds, even though Python is crucial for compilation.

The problem in our side is that the Python package is indeed missing the
static library. I thought an updated recipe was sent -- anyway, I just sent
an update recipe and uploaded a corrected binary package. While I was at it,
a SuperKaramba package is there as well:

http://gobo.calica.com/packages/official/Python--2.3.4--i686.tar.bz2
http://gobo.calica.com/packages/official/SuperKaramba--0.34--i686.tar.bz2

-- Hisham