[gobolinux-users] turkish

Nick Matteo kundor at member.fsf.org
Fri Nov 19 22:55:47 GMT 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 07:09, Leandro Motta Barros wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:52:59 -0800 (PST)
>
> zika <zika at lova.every1.net> wrote:
> > look some people are doing the same thing you are. they have same file
> > layout in their distiribution which is currently turkish only. hteri
> > site is on english with screenshots in turkish.
> >
> > http://www.turkix.org/
>
> They are keeping the traditional UNIX directory hierarchy, and using
> symlinks to create a "virtual file hierarachy that is similar to the one
> that belongs to Windows and MacOS operating systems". GoboLinux does
> quite the opposite: it uses an alternative hierarchy and has symlinks to
> the legacy tree. Notice that they still need a package manager (RPMX, a
> modified RPM that creates that "virtual file hierarachy").
>
> Cheers,
>
> LMB
> ...once again they are fixing the tools instead of the problem...

I want to know how they do two things:
1) Create the tree of Program directories, with all relevant files symlinked.
If that's easy to do with standard rpm files, wouldn't it be trivial to make
a Gobo tool to install rpm files as /Programs dirs?  I recall hearing of one
but unless I'm mistaken it's not included in Gobo.

2) Does anyone know where they get the Expose-like functionality?