[gobolinux-users] turkish

Dave Dodge dododge at dododge.net
Fri Nov 19 23:26:41 GMT 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 05:55:47PM -0500, Nick Matteo wrote:
> 2) Does anyone know where they get the Expose-like functionality?

It might be this:

  http://kompose.berlios.de/

Note that it uses imlib2 to scale windows, I assume entirely in
software, so you'll probably need a very fast machine.  I don't know
how smoothly it works in action, for example it's not clear whether the
windows animate into position like they do with Expose.

MacOS renders windows off-screen normally, and with the latest
versions can use accelerated compositing and scaling.  So animated
window motions and other effects are easier to accomplish there.  The
X11 folks are working on implementing a similar compositing model
based on OpenGL, I think.

                                                  -Dave Dodge