[gobolinux-users] turkish

michael michael at xinomorph.org
Sat Nov 20 02:41:10 GMT 2004

Nick Matteo wrote:
> I want to know how they do two things:
> 1) Create the tree of Program directories, with all relevant files symlinked.
> If that's easy to do with standard rpm files, wouldn't it be trivial to make
> a Gobo tool to install rpm files as /Programs dirs?  I recall hearing of one
> but unless I'm mistaken it's not included in Gobo.

It should be possible to do that.  I have a program that makes RPMs
based on Portage ebuilds, though you should be able to adapt it to any
package management system that can output a Slackware-style image of the
program.  That is almost how binary packages are structured now in
GoboLinux :)

http://ratemyrackmountedserver.com/~michael/projects/eburpm/

--
Michael "stormy" Farrell: http://ratemyrackmountedserver.com/~michael/
EMAIL: zvpunry at kvabzbecu.bet, fgbezl at xehry.bet  JABBER: fgbezl at xehry.bet
IRC: zvpbybhf at vep.serrabqr.arg, fgbezl at vep.xehry.bet
GoboLinux Victim #01000001. Eat ROT13, spambots! tr A-Za-z N-ZA-Mn-za-m