[gobolinux-users] turkish

Andre Detsch detsch at gobolinux.org
Sat Nov 20 15:17:27 GMT 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 20:55, Nick Matteo wrote:
> If that's easy to do with standard rpm files, wouldn't it be trivial to
> make a Gobo tool to install rpm files as /Programs dirs?  I recall hearing
> of one but unless I'm mistaken it's not included in Gobo.

Yes, it is just a matter of unpacking the RPM inside an appropriate directory
inside /Programs, moving some dirs (usr, etc, and so on) and calling
SymlinkProgram.
Actually, there is an old script (not included in any package) that performs
those steps. Not sure if it still works, it was based on an old
InstallPackage script, but if you want to test or take a look at it:
http://cscience.org/~detsch/gobo/InstallRPM

--
André Detsch