[gobolinux-users] Recipe masters I need your help....

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 23 13:52:40 GMT 2004

And yet again it is me....

The scsh (scheme shell) recipe went perfectly, but I am looking to
create a recipe that is used for library installation.

This library uses a scsh script to do the installation, so all I want
the recipe to do is run the script with the correct parameters.

I have tried a number of things, but all that happens is that the docs
get copied over but nothing else.

Some quick background:

The installation library is used to install the other scsh libraries,
and it puts all the libraries in the directory given on the command
line.  So in the end if all goes well I would like to put all the
libraries under /Programs/SCSH-Libraries/

When I did a MakeRecipe it told me to do it manually.

According to the README

this should work:
  ./install.scm --bindir /usr/local/bin --prefix /usr/local/share/scsh

This would install the following files (where <v> stands for the
current version of the installation library, e.g. 1.0.0):

  /usr/local/bin/scsh-install-pkg

    The script to run in order to install scsh packages. Its use is
    explained in the documentation.

/usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>/scheme/install-lib-module.scm
/usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>/scheme/install-lib-version.scm
 /usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>/scheme/install-lib.scm
/usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>/load.scm

    The Scheme code for the installation library.

  /usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib

    A link pointing to /usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>,
    used to designate the current version of this package.

  /usr/local/share/scsh/0.6/install-lib-<v>/doc/pdf/install-lib.pdf

    The documentation describing the installation library, and how to
    manage scsh packages in general.

So I figure if I substitute

./install.scm --bindir $target/bin --prefix $target/lib/

But where to put it.

I tried to use pre_install()  with    is_manifest=yes and put the
above line in there, but it did not work.

I have tried other variations with no success.  Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks again and again for any help with this.

Rohan