[gobolinux-users] dhcpcd not firing on boot

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 24 15:56:11 GMT 2004

Yet another question....

I have this in my startup scripts according to very good advice given
before:

Multi
#!/bin/sh

Exec "Loading ethernet modules..."                      modprobe b44
Exec "Initializing network..."                          Network Start
#Exec "Starting console mouse GPM..."                      Mouse Start
#Exec "Starting PCMCIA daemon..."                          PCMCIA Start

in Network I have the files:
eth0 and lo

in lo is:
Automatic=yes
Interface=lo
IP=127.0.0.1
NetMask=255.0.0.0

in eth0 is:
Automatic=yes   # yes or no

Interface=eth0

BootProto=dhcp  # dhcp or none

#IP=192.168.1.2
#NetMask=255.255.255.0
#Broadcast=192.168.1.255   # optional

lo is being configured, but eth0 is not.  Can anyone help me with this,
as it is kind of annoying to have to do sudo dhcpcd on login, but I
would like to do this properly rather than just stick that line in
Multi.

Oh, I was also wondering what Exec does (the Capital makes me think it
is a gobo script) but I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Rohan