[gobolinux-users] Compile and CVS

Peter Eriksen s022018 at student.dtu.dk
Thu Nov 25 23:52:43 GMT 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:45:47PM -0200, Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:38, Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Just to ask: is there someone working on adding CVS support on Compile? If
> > no one is doing that yet, I volunteer myself.
>
> Detsch just pointed me to the experimental options on the latest Compile
> release. I'll try that. Anyway, if anyone who worked with CVS has some
> comments to do on this subject, they're welcome.

For the Glasgow Haskell Compiler there is a two step checkout of the sources,
which I haven't figured out to do with the experimental CVS options in
Compile 1.1.0.

>From http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/sec-cvs.html#CVS-FIRST

Make sure you set your CVSROOT  environment variable according to either of the remote methods above. The Approved Way to check out a source tree is as follows:

    $ cvs checkout fpconfig

You can call the fptools directory whatever you like, CVS won't mind:

    $ mv fptools directory

    $ cd directory
    $ cvs checkout ghc hslibs libraries

Regards,