[gobolinux-users] Compile and CVS

Hisham Muhammad hisham at apple2.com
Fri Nov 26 23:15:02 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 12:39, Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:
> On Thursday 25 November 2004 19:53, Carlo J. Calica wrote:
> > Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:

> > >Detsch just pointed me to the experimental options on the latest Compile
> > >release. I'll try that. Anyway, if anyone who worked with CVS has some
> > >comments to do on this subject, they're welcome.
> >
> > For some example CVS recipes look at:
> > http://www.calica.com/gobolinux/kde-recipes.tar.bz2.  They're the
> > standard KDE recipes using CVS rather than http://
> >
> > Note, they use the pre_patch() recipe hook I email the list about.  Not
> > sure if the current Compile supports that.  Its a simple addition to
> > Compile.
>
> Very cool!
>
> Just a note: I've configured the program's release as 'CVS', but Compile
> treats it as "`date +%Y%m%d`-CVS", while the directory created
> under /Programs/$app is 'CVS'.
>
> I've made a patch to fix this issue. I don't know who has the Compile token
> right now, but please consider applying :)

You can't move target below ". $recipe", because then all the $target
references in the recipe will be unresolved. To workaround this chicken/egg
problem, here's a new convention: the version number will be changed when the
recipe version is "CVS".

Please test. If there are no problems with this one, I'll release it as
Compile 1.2.2:

http://www.kundor.org/gobo/packages/snapshots/Compile--1.2.2.20041126-hisham--i686.tar.bz2

-- Hisham