[gobolinux-users] dhcpcd not firing on boot

Rohan NIcholls rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 30 10:55:08 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:13:12 -0200
Leandro Motta Barros <lmbarros at via-rs.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:56:11 -0200
> Rohan NIcholls <rohan.nicholls at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>

> I am an Emacs user, so, whenever I
>
> emacs /System/Settings/BootScripts/Network/eth0
>
> , a backup file (/System/Settings/BootScripts/Network/eth0~) is
> created.
>
> Unfortunatelly, it seems that the 'Network' task uses something like
> 'for i in /System/Settings/BootScripts/Network/*; do something_with
> $i'.

Thanks this could have been it.  Btw. if you want a patch for your .emac
to put all the backups in one folder ie. .backups in your home
directory, just ask, as this is what I do now.

> This loop will not ignore the backup file. Indeed, the backup file is
> processed after the "good" one, so that the old configuration is used
> instead of the new.

Thanks, I managed to get it fixed, and I think it might have been
because I did some general maintenance at the time, ie. cleaning up
backup files.

> > Oh, I was also wondering what Exec does (the Capital makes me think
> > it is a gobo script) but I cannot find it.
>
> 'Exec' is a shell script function defined by every bootscript theme.
> It simply executes the command passed as parameter with the
> appropriate"look and feel".

Thanks for this.

Rohan