[gobolinux-users] GUI administration

Jan Molič mig at 1984.cz
Thu Aug 4 11:44:09 GMT 2005

I think the question is: Who is GoboLinux designed for?

As for me I don't need any GUI, 1 mld users, 100% backward compatibility.
I need simple Linux without MDK's mess.

Super automatic configuration tools
works only if A is just in /var/spool/B/ and usually badly rewrites your
hand made configs.

I think If you configure Qmail, there could be PreConfigured-Qmail package
instead, which
would contain additional scripts/configs.

User would be able to switch among more optional preconfigured packages
or just don't use any.

These preconfigured tools should contain certain named scripts to be able
to be used
via GUI. For instance the GUI would call
ConfigureQmail --get-options
and print a form.

jan molic