[gobolinux-users] GUI administration

Jan Molič mig at 1984.cz
Fri Aug 5 07:15:03 GMT 2005

Ok, you're right :-) For instance Manager is very good tool for
gobo-beginners, I started
using gobolinux thanks to it.

What I wanted to say is that administrative tools should be done in
different manner than
MDK, SuSE, etc. does.

What about server-client architecture? You would be able to have
many frontends including console tools, QT/GTK GUI, web clients. Moreover
administer things via network or implement your own client (very good
if you do hosting).
On the server side each task should be done via a plugin-script so the
script could be
written in any language.

The preconfigured package would contain default configs and the plugin
script symlinked into the server.

So the starting point would be to write a server, a configuration script
and
telnet (I prefer YAML as a protocol) :-))

Everything is about time :-(

jan molic