[gobolinux-users] Resources/Environment problems

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Aug 7 17:37:21 GMT 2005

Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon at kymatica.com> wrote:
> [...] But in reality most of the existing Environment
> files just do "export FOO=bar" and so we have a problem.
>
> For example, the Python package sets PYTHONPATH [...]

It shouldn't. It should use a gobo.pth file to extend the path.
I thought the recent Python I downloaded did that.

Environment files should be a tool of last resort, rarely used.
We don't all use zsh and that choice is a nice thing. If this
problem appears, solve it another way if at all possible, please.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/