[gobolinux-users] Re: some problems... 3c2000 and other

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:03:38 GMT 2005

On 7/22/05, Lucas Correia Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2005 14:16, barb3tta wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I've some problem with gobolinux.
> > First of all I found two "bugs": installer does not create the non-root
> > user and gobo stucks if I choose "aquaII" theme for bootsplash. Maybe my
> > CD is corrupted... but I was able to install gobo with "progressII"
> > theme and I created the non-root user manually. Maybe user was not
> > created 'cause I used the same password as for root?
>
> I was told that there are some theme issues. A friend of mine had troubles
> booting the LPP theme, so there may be another themes with problems as well.

The LPP theme is unmaintained; there is no kernel support for that
since GoboLinux 005. I thought I had removed it by now, actually.

About the problems with the AppleII theme, thanks for the report, I'll
look into that as soon as I can.

> This friend told me that was going to fix that, so I think we're going to
> have some patches on the next days to fix some buggy themes.

As far as contributions to themeing support go, the one I'd like to
see the most would be BootSplash support. If you can talk him into
that, I'd be very grateful. :)

> As for the non-superuser, I cannot help too much.. but surelly it hasn't
> anything related to their passwords being the same.

Just a wild guess, but: in the Installer, did you remember to click on
"Add" to put the non-root user in the users list? :)

-- Hisham