[gobolinux-users] Re: Alsa muted by default

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Thu Aug 11 18:57:06 GMT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:17:54 -0300
Hisham Muhammad <hisham.hm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/05, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se> wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:22:31 +0200, David Smith <dsmith at algonet.se>
> > wrote:

> > >on the> net  I found out that this is the correct behaviour for
> > >alsa, according> to the  alsa developers. I believe that this is a
> > >source of much> unnecesary grief  and debbuging. I know I compiled
> > >my kernel three> times, with different  soundcard settings (and
> > >drivers), because I> couldnt get any sound with  alsa before I got
> > >the idea to try the> alsa-mixer (and found out that all  channels
> > >were muted).>  To the point; I found this code while I was doing
> > >some searches for> getting sound to work with multiple programs
> > >(I'm not useing KDE, so I> dont use aRTs either):
> > >some> valuable time.
> > >>

> > > I have theese lines in the bootscripts, in Init:
> > >    Exec "Restoring ALSA settings..."     alsactl restore
> > > and in Done:
> > >    Exec "Storing ALSA settings..."       alsactl store
> > >
> > Those lines are even better :)
>
> Anybody have ideas on how packages should edit bootscripts? (That is,
> if they should).

Simple stuff like this could be stored in Resources/AutoStart, and those
files would be sourced by the bootscripts unless
Resources/AutoStart/disable exists. Commandline interface could be made
to list all Programs containing AutoStart stuff and wether they are
active or not, and to (de)active them individually...
A problem could be if the stuff is dependent on what order (between
packages) they are executed.

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-