[gobolinux-users] RestoreDefaults

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Thu Aug 11 23:48:59 GMT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:27:03 -0500
Carlo Calica <ccalica at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/11/05, Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon at kymatica.com> wrote:
> > we should have a script named RestoreDefaults that copied the
> > default settings from Resources/Default/Settings to Settings... Or
> > maybe implement this as a cmdline option to SymlinkProgram.
>
> Great idea.  One suggestion.  Rename /P/Foo/Settings to
> /P/Foo/Settings.modified before copying the defaults.  Maybe make a
> .modified-1, .modified-2, etc as needed.

Yes, that would be very nice. =) Or maybe .backup is a better name...
I don't think there's a need to number them, even if that would be nice.

What about this:

#!/bin/sh
OLD=/Programs/$1/Settings
NEW=/Programs/$1/Current/Resources/Default/Settings
[ -d $OLD ] && mv -f $OLD $OLD.backup
mkdir $OLD
cp -a $NEW/* $OLD/

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-