[gobolinux-users] Problem with CUPS recipe/package

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Sun Aug 14 13:46:49 GMT 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 07:04:59 +0200
kenneth marken <k-marken at online.no> wrote:

> Carlo Calica wrote:
> > I noticed a problem with CUPS and our selectable superuser name.  My
> > current install is using "root" but CUPS is compiled to use "gobo".
> > Editting the recipe and recompiling solves the problem but we need a
> > general solution.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> woa, the very fact that cups have the superuser name compiled in is
> insane. why on earth have they not put this bit of code out into a
> config file?

I thought it were? /S/S/cups/cupsd.conf:

# SystemGroup: the group name for "System" (printer administration)
# access.  The default varies depending on the operating system, but
# will be "sys", "system", or "root" (checked for in that order.)
#

SystemGroup gobo

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-