[gobolinux-users] Re: Problem with CUPS recipe/package

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Mon Aug 15 10:35:28 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:40:42 -0300
Lucas Correia Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 14 August 2005 13:36, Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:58:53 -0500
> >
> > Carlo Calica <ccalica at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What does these options do?
> >
> > > I'm still getting permission problems when printing a test page
> > > (Using HPIJS but the same with Gimp-Print).
> > > I can override in cupsd.conf but
> > > I don't think we can expect end-users to edit that just for
> > > printing. Also, Variable/spool/cups/tmp is a symlink to itself.
> >
> > I remember I had a lot of problems regarding Variable with CUPS...
>
> Actually, I think a lot of recipes are using Variable in a wrong way..
> I have in my TODO list to check for all recipes available in the store
> and assert they're downloading, compiling and doing the right thing
> with Variable.

Exactly what is the right thing to do with Variable?
Some apps has links in /Programs/App/Variable from
/System/Links/Variable,
and other apps has the other way around. Some apps writes to /P/App/V
and some write to /S/L/V. Sometimes a symlink is missing for a file that
hasn't been created yet, and then it can't be used, etc...

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-