[gobolinux-users] Listener 1.1
Lucas Correia Villa Real
lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon Aug 15 18:08:01 GMT 2005
I've just finished Listener 1.1, which can be installed with "Compile
Listener". Some interesting news:
- It's now possible to declare multiple rules for the same target
- Operations are executed by independent threads;
- The config file can be specified on the command line, allowing single users
to use Listener for monitoring their own directories and taking actions based
on their own rules.
The default config file now comes with 2 useful rules:
- When a package is dropped or saved into /Programs, InstallPackage is
launched and the package is moved into /Files/Packages after the operation
- When a program is removed from /Programs, RemoveBroken is invoked against
the broken links at /System/Links.
Please note that since it relies on inotify, a patched kernel is still needed.
For now, "Compile Linux" will bring you to a fresh inotify-capable 2.6
powered by /dev/dsp
More information about the gobolinux-users