[gobolinux-users] Listener 1.1

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Mon Aug 15 21:33:08 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:08:01 -0300
Lucas Correia Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just finished Listener 1.1, which can be installed with "Compile
> Listener". Some interesting news:
>
> - It's now possible to declare multiple rules for the same target
> (eg: /Programs);
> - Operations are executed by independent threads;
> - The config file can be specified on the command line, allowing
> single users to use Listener for monitoring their own directories and
> taking actions based on their own rules.
>
> The default config file now comes with 2 useful rules:
>
> - When a package is dropped or saved into /Programs, InstallPackage is
>
> launched and the package is moved into /Files/Packages after the
> operation finishes;
> - When a program is removed from /Programs, RemoveBroken is invoked
> against the broken links at /System/Links.
>
> Please note that since it relies on inotify, a patched kernel is still
> needed. For now, "Compile Linux" will bring you to a fresh
> inotify-capable 2.6 kernel.

Could this feature be used to not move the package at all? I'm thinking
of a way to implement a cd-burn filesystem similar to the one in the
latest MacOSX.. I.e create a burn-folder, drop your files there, and
click a button to burn the folder to CD or an ISO image. But I don't
want to copy any data. I was thinking of FUSE, but there's no way to
know the source path when doing cp or mv since they're not actual
filesystem actions but is implemented with writes and reads... ln would
work, though...

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-