[gobolinux-users] Listener 1.1

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Aug 16 02:38:01 GMT 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 19:49, kenneth marken wrote:
> cant say i have heard about anything similar for linux. most likely it
> would require some kind of buildt in function in your file browser of
> choice, this in combo with the commandline burner tools or something.
>
> hmm, that reminds me. are mkisofs able to handle symlinks? if so then
> you can create a folder, symlink in everything you want (or set up a
> similar solution to listener so that any file dropped on the folder are
> symlinked inside the folder) and then run a mkisofs aimed at the folder.

Yes, that's it. One would configure Listener to launch k3b or cdrecord after a
special file is placed inside the "virtual folder". However, the following
seems to be more user-friendly: one rule would create symlinks for every
file/directory dropped there (eg: /Depot/CDRecord/Environment/), while
another would listen for another directory (eg: /Depot/CDRecord/Burn/). So,
when the user drops the folder which contains the symlinks into this second
one, mkisofs+cdrecord should be launched.

--
Lucas