[gobolinux-users] Re: RestoreDefaults

Carlo Calica ccalica at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 03:23:27 GMT 2005

I think the idea is to save customized versions of the config.  Then
users could revert to previous checkpoints if something gets fubar'd.

How about something like:
/P/App/1.0/Resources/Defaults/Checkpoints/<name>/Settings

The advantage to this location is CreatePackage could optionally save
the checkpoints.  Those using $goboInstall can share checkpoints and
use them to distribute site configs.  The same can be done with
InstallPackage.

On 8/15/05, Hisham Muhammad <hisham.hm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/15/05, Jan Molič <mig at 1984.cz> wrote:
> > Agree. So what about:
> >
> > /Programs/App/Settings/1.0/...
> > /Programs/App/Settings/2.0/...
> > /Programs/App/Settings/Default/...
>
> I think the way we use now has the advantage that default settings are
> packaged within the version (under Resources/Defaults). This way we
> can have several "defaults", and one clealy separated version that is
> being currently used (and that can survive upgrades).
>
> -- Hisham

Carlo J. Calica