[gobolinux-users] Re: RestoreDefaults

Jan Molič mig at 1984.cz
Tue Aug 16 12:33:38 GMT 2005

This is my idea - I'm installing Apache 2.0.

-------------

1. Apache package contains default configs in Resource/Defaults (as now;
no change).

2. After install, these defaults are copied into

     a) /Programs/Apache/Settings/2.0 or
     b) /Programs/Apache/Settings/Shared.

     depending on user.

3. /Programs/Apache/Settings/2.0 ( or /Programs/Apache/Settings/Shared )
is symlinked to:

/Programs/Apache/Settings/Current (not necessary)
/Programs/Apache/2.0/etc
/System/Settings/Apache/

4. 1-3 will be repeated the same way with Resource/Variable.

Pros:

a) customized or shared configs, cusotomized or shared variable contents

b) no changes to program's dir after installation
(Resource/Defaults would be still there untouched,
so you'd be able to return the original configs)

jan molic