[gobolinux-users] Re: Listener 1.1

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Aug 16 18:30:57 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 08:19, Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:07:37 +0200
>
> kenneth marken <k-marken at online.no> wrote:
> > Hisham Muhammad wrote:

> > >partly>downloaded file there?
> > >

> > > I haven't checked the current implementation of Listener, but there
> > > shouldn't be a problem. Inotify supports IN_CLOSE, so it should be
> > > possible to wait until the new file is closed.
> >
> > just make sure you get the whole file the first time round :P
> > doing this on a dialup is not recommended ;)
>
> Lucas, You could use tar to check if the archive is allright before
> launching InstallPackage!

Yes, sure. I've taken your suggestions and this is the current script called
by listener.conf for the InstallPackage rule:

bzip2 -t "$1" || exit 1

[ ! -d /Files/Packages ] && mkdir -p /Files/Packages
[ "$DISPLAY" != "" -a -f $goboExecutables/Xdialog ] && {
    progress_xdialog "$1";
    exit 0;
}
[ "$DISPLAY" != "" -a -f $goboExecutables/kdialog ] && {
    progress_kdialog "$1";
    exit 0;
}
progress_xterm "$1"

I'm going to commit a new release with these small modifications soon.

--
Lucas