[gobolinux-users] NVidia 1.0-7667 HOWTO to GoboLinux012 ?

teike teikecorp at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 17 19:52:22 GMT 2005

But did it work fer ya? :D

I think I will have to recompile the kernel and the full list of modules, and then reboot the system with the new kernel, and only then I will be able to try to compile the NVidia driver.
But despite this way I described may work, it still means too much trouble to the user, and the new kernel probably means problems with other pre-compiled packages modules that may come with different vermagic :(.

Ex. after I compiled the new kernel with just a few modules, if I try to load one of these modules I get this message at dmesg:
joydev: version magic '2.6.11.9 SMP preempt PENTIUM4 4KSTACKS gcc-3.4' should be '2.6.11.9-Gobo preempt PENTIUMII gcc-3.4'

The point is, if I was able to generate the nvidia.ko with the correct vermagic and without doing it by force (just for safety), this module would be usable to all GoboLinux012 users that have nvidia :).

*In other words, what I need is the _.config file_ used to compile the current GoboLinux kernel, that I am not being able to find. Any clue?
*