[gobolinux-users] Format for package/recipe revision numbers

David Smith dsmith at algonet.se
Thu Aug 25 18:00:28 GMT 2005

Hisham Muhammad wrote:

> Option 1: replace "-" in version numbers with ".", append a "-" and
> the revision number.

[...]
> Option 2: replace "_" in version numbers with "-", append a "_" and
> the revision number.

My vote would be for Lucas' suggestion. Replace both "-" and "_" with
"." and use "-" for the version. (Not that it really matters that
much)

And here is some statistics for those who are to lazy to count for
themselves :)

   david at NewMachine ~]GetAvailable -t r |cut -d" " -f3 |grep "-"|wc -l
   65
   david at NewMachine ~]GetAvailable -t r |cut -d" " -f3 |grep "_"|wc -l
   11

Not counting different version gives 45 and 9. There are more packages
with a "-" than with "_" but not as many more as I would have thought.

/David