[gobolinux-users] AMD64 port

Mikolaj Habdank mecat at wp.pl
Tue Jan 11 17:40:25 GMT 2005

I think that best way is to create "pure 64" mode.

I have tried mixed enviroments (fedora/gentoo) and i know that there are
a lot of problems with it. The best way is to stay pure 32 (if you need
macromedia flash player:) or pure 64. Chroot is best seperation. If you
mix configuration for 64 and 32 you should remember that some conf files
are difrent for 32 and 64 (some features will not compile on 64 and
those will be disabled in conf).

We shouldn't create Progs32 an Progs64. We also should not create
Porgs->Progs64. It has no sens because everybody knows that main
objectives is to finalize migration to 64 (please - do not start
disscusion about problem of slower 64 bit applications). So it is only
temporary state.

Now i am testing pure 64 based on LFS, but with recipes added (still far
away to be called Gobo64).