[gobolinux-users] AMD64 port

Mikolaj Habdank mecat at wp.pl
Fri Jan 14 17:39:15 GMT 2005

W liście z wto, 11-01-2005, godz. 18:58, Mika Pesu pisze:
> Mikolaj Habdank wrote:
>
> >I think that best way is to create "pure 64" mode.
> >
> >I have tried mixed enviroments (fedora/gentoo) and i know that there are
> >a lot of problems with it. The best way is to stay pure 32 (if you need
> >macromedia flash player:) or pure 64. Chroot is best seperation. If you
> >mix configuration for 64 and 32 you should remember that some conf files
> >are difrent for 32 and 64 (some features will not compile on 64 and
> >those will be disabled in conf).
> >
> >We shouldn't create Progs32 an Progs64. We also should not create
> >Porgs->Progs64. It has no sens because everybody knows that main
> >objectives is to finalize migration to 64 (please - do not start
> >disscusion about problem of slower 64 bit applications). So it is only
> >temporary state.
> >
> >Now i am testing pure 64 based on LFS, but with recipes added (still far
> >away to be called Gobo64).
> >

> i agree,pure 64 and chroot for 32 if needed.
> i tryed fedora and gentoo too,havent tested pure 64 yet. are there
> downloadable isos for the pure 64 you are testing?
nope and i am sorry but i cannot create it. My system now takes more
than 5GB so i cannot share it over net. My "distro" was created using
LFS manuals but with gentoo64 patches - without them it is not possible
to build LFS for amd64. If you have gentoo, you should look into portage
for patches with names amd64. I think that in a moth i will have
automated LFS which will lead me to Gobo.