[gobolinux-users] GoboLinux 012 alpha1

Andre Detsch detsch at gobolinux.org
Tue Jan 25 14:42:53 GMT 2005

GoboLinux 012 alpha1 is out.

This release contains all major changes planned for 012, including:
- Kernel 2.6.x by default;
- Integration of Udev;
- New bootscripts;
- SquashFS based live CD (instead of cloop);
- Selectable superuser name during installation;
- Improved internationalization support;
- German translations (thanks to Volker Wieban);
- General improvements and fixes at the installer (some of them based on the
http://gobo.kundor.org/kb/index.php/Afterboot guide);
- Updated versions of Scripts (GoboLinux management scripts) and Compile
(automated compilation tool) packages;
- Integration of a feature complete version of Manager (graphical front-end
for packages management);
- Updated versions of most included programs (complete list at the end of this
email).

The iso is available for download at:
http://gobo.kundor.org/iso/GoboLinux-012alpha1.iso
MD5: d14728724a5411711d81fb2832648c1b

There is an open issue regarding Xorg logout ("x server slow to shut down
sending KILL signal..."). I delayed the release from Friday because of this
issue, but I have not found a fix for it by now. Help is welcome :)

We plan to release 012 final before March 2005, and besides improving
stability, the following items are still in the TODO list:
- Checking and updating documentation;
- Closing en_US strings in order to update the other languages translations;
- Add an option at the bootloader to call kdm at boot.

List of packages inside this iso:

AALib 1.4rc5
ALSA-Driver 1.0.4
ALSA-Lib 1.0.6
ALSA-Utils 1.0.5
ATK 1.9.0
AbsTK 0.2alpha1
Aspell 0.60
Atool 0.29.0
Audiofile 0.2.6
Aumix 2.8
Autoconf 2.59
Automake 1.9.4
BC 1.06
BOGL 0.1.9-20
Bash 3.0
Bin86 0.16.3
BinUtils 2.15
Bison 1.875
BootScripts 2.0.0alpha1.20050118-hisham
Bzip2 1.0.2
CDRTools 2.01a31
CUPS 1.1.23
CVS 1.12.7
Cdparanoia-III alpha9.8
Compile 1.2.4
CoreUtils 5.2.1
Cpio 2.5
DHCPCD 1.3.22-pl1
DevFSd v1.3.25
Dialog 1.0-20040731
DiffUtils 2.8.1
E2FSProgs 1.35
Ed 0.2
Eject 2.0.13
EnhancedSkel 012
Esound 0.2.35
Expat 1.95.8
FBSH 0.3
File 4.12
FindUtils 4.2.1
Flac 1.1.0
Flex 2.5.31
Fontconfig 2.2.3
FreeType 2.1.9
Freshen 1.1
GCC 3.4.3
GDB 6.1
GDK-Pixbuf 0.22.0
GLib 2.6.0
GLib 1.2.10
GPM 1.20.1
GTK+ 2.6.0
GTK+ 1.2.10
GV 3.5.8
Gawk 3.1.3
Gettext 0.14.1
GhostScript 8.13
Gimp 2.2.0
Glade 0.6.4
Glibc 2.3.2
Gnuplot 4.0.0
GoboHide 0.09
Grep 2.5.1
Groff 1.19.1
Grub 0.95
Gzip 1.3.5
Hdparm 5.8
Htop 0.5
HwData 0.92-1.1
IMLib 1.9.15
ImageMagick 6.0.8-3
InetUtils 1.4.2
Ispell 3.2.06
JACK 0.99.0
JPEG 6b
KBD 1.12
KDE-Admin 3.3.2
KDE-Base 3.3.2
KDE-Graphics 3.3.2
KDE-Libs 3.3.2
KDE-Multimedia 3.3.2
KDE-Network 3.3.2
KDE-Utils 3.3.2
Kudzu GoboLinux-007
LCMS 1.13
LILO 22.3.4
Lame 3.96.1
Less 382
Lesstif 0.93.94
LibART_LGPL 2.3.16
LibExif 0.5.12
LibGlade 2.3.1
LibIDN 0.5.11
LibMNG 1.0.6
LibMad 0.15.1b
LibOGG 1.1.2
LibPNG 1.2.8
LibRSVG 2.8.1
LibSamplerate 0.1.2
LibSndfile 1.0.10
LibStdC++ 3.3.1
LibStdC++ 2.95.3
LibTool 1.5.10
LibVorbis 1.1.0
LibXML2 2.6.16
LibXSLT 1.1.11
Libsigc++ 2.0.1
Libungif 4.1.3
Licq 1.2.7
Links 2.1pre15
Liquid 0.9.6pre4
Lyx 1.3.5
M4 1.4.2
MC 4.6.0
MPlayer 1.0pre3
Make 3.80
Man 1.5k
Man-Pages 1.67
Manager 1.0.0beta6
Mesa 5.0
MkTemp 1.5
ModUtils 2.4.27
Module-Init-Tools 3.0
Mtail 1.1.1
Nano 1.3.5
Nasm 0.98.38
Ncurses 5.4
Net-Tools 1.60
Netkit-Base 0.17
Newt 0.51.6-1
OpenSSH 3.9p1
OpenSSL 0.9.7e
PCIUtils 2.1.11
PCRE 5.0
PPP 2.4.1
Pango 1.8.0
Parted 1.6.20
Patch 2.5.4
Perl 5.8.4
Pinfo 0.6.8
Pkgconfig 0.15.0
Popt 1.7
Procinfo 18
Procps 3.2.3
ProgsReiserFS 0.3.0
Psmisc 21.4
PyGTK 2.0.0
PyQt 3.13
Python 2.4
Qt 3.3.3
QtParted 0.4.4
RHPL 0.112-1
RP-PPPoE 3.5
RPM 4.0.4
Readline 5.0
ReiserFSProgs 3.6.19
Rsync 2.6.3
Ruby 1.8.2
Runit 1.0.1
S-Lang 1.4.9
SDL 1.2.8
SIP 3.10.2
SVGALib 1.4.3
Sash 3.6
Scripts 2.1.20
Sed 4.1.2
Shadow 4.0.3
Strace 4.5.8
Sudo 1.6.6
Sysklogd 1.4.1
Sysvinit 2.84
T1Lib 5.0.2
TIFF 3.6.1
Tar 1.15.1
Texinfo 4.7
TraceRoute 1.4a12
Udev 050
Unzip 5.51
Util-Linux 2.12p
Vim 6.2
Wget 1.9.1
WindowMaker 0.80.2
XFS-Utils 1.2
XMMS 1.2.10
Xaw3d 1.5
Xorg 6.8.1
Xpdf 3.00pl1
Xtest 2.0-1
YAFC 1.1
ZLib 1.2.2
ZSH 4.2.1
ZSNES 1.36
Zip 2.3

(* some packages like OpenOffice, Firefox and Tetex were not added in this
alpha in order to reduce the iso file size. Those packages will be included
in the beta stage)

--
André Detsch