[gobolinux-users] dependencies

Ben Myles ben.myles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 06:23:40 GMT 2005

But, unless I've misunderstood you, then you will be duplicating the
deps for each package which requires them (the path I took with
UniPackage).

Wouldn't unpacking them into their own locations in /Programs (or
somewhere else), separated by program name and major/minor versions be
more efficient? Then there's just one copy of each major/minor version
of each dependancy, regardless of how many apps use that particular
version. Finally, you just have a wrapper to launch the app which sets
the environment up appropriately based on what libs it should see.