[gobolinux-users] 012 and GNUstep

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:48:52 GMT 2005

On 6/8/05, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> I upgraded my gobolinux machine to 012 versions and that brought
> a new GCC package - which disabled objc support and so broke
> GNUstep.  Now I have no desktop while I compile a *working* GCC. :-/

Oh, that was an unfortunate oversight. Objc support takes very little
space, so there's no good reason to disable it, really.

> The Gnupg, XMMS, Xorg and Elinks packages all had some odd
> dependencies. Xorg depended on Mesa depended on XFree.
> Man-Pages conflicted with a lot of other packages.
>
> More news as it progresses...

Thanks a lot! I just set up a page in the wiki to collect all feedback
reports in a single, easy to find place, to make sure they don't get
lost in the list archives.

http://gobo.kundor.org/kb/index.php/Reports%20on%20012

-- Hisham