[gobolinux-users] IBM thinkpad R40: ALT-F4 (sleep) doesn't work

MiG mig at 1984.cz
Wed Jun 22 06:41:00 GMT 2005

Unfortunately acpi=on didn't work. I've already tried to use ibm_acpi
module, acpid daemon, but no effect.
Maybe that's why I used apm before. When I have time I'll try apm. But
still - this Fn-F4 normally
works even in DOS without any kernel support.

MiG

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:28:51 +0200, Gonçalo Ferreira <gsferreira at tap.pt>
wrote:

> Try editing GRUB's menu.lst and remove the acpi=off parameter from the
> kernel boot options.
>
> Kaosaur wrote:
>> I have a thinkpad 240 and I think I know your problem.
>>  ACPI isn't enabled.  Now, i have ACPI support compiled in the kernel,
>> but ACPI isn't enabled for me either.  I simply don't have the need to
>> get this working right now though...if you do, let me know.
>>  On 6/21/05, MiG <mig at 1984.cz> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> does anyone have thinkpad with alt-F4 working?
>>> It works in almost every Linux because it is
>>> something like hardware stuff.
>>>
>>> I think there is something missing in the GoboLinux kernel,
>>> but I've used many kernels before without special thing.
>>>

>>> thanks,
>>> MiG