[gobolinux-users] installing 012

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:20:19 GMT 2005

Hi, been a while but I though I'd give the Gobo another spin.

The live session ran great btw. Nice work! Unfortuately after install,
I get an error at the very end of the boot process:

  Warning: Unable to open an initial console

And everything is frozen. It's a dula boot machine so I had to setup
the grub entry manually, so maybe that's it. Here it is:

# GRUB Configuration

default 0
timeout 61

splashimage (hd0,2)/grub/splash/gobolinux-grub.xpm.gz

foreground 003080
background 80c0ff
color white/blue blue/white

title Ubuntu
      unhide (hd0,5)
      root (hd0,5)
      kernel (hd0,5)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda6
      initrd (hd0,5)/initrd.img

title GoboLinux - Graphic Desktop
      unhide (hd0,6)
      root (hd0,6)
      kernel (hd0,6)/System/Kernel/Boot/kernel acpi=off root=/dev/hda7
vga=0 Boot=Graphic

title GoboLinux - Console
      unhide (hd0,6)
      root (hd0,6)
      kernel (hd0,6)/System/Kernel/Boot/kernel acpi=off root=/dev/hda7 vga=0

title GoboLinux - Framebuffer Console
      unhide (hd0,6)
      root (hd0,6)
      kernel (hd0,6)/System/Kernel/Boot/kernel acpi=off root=/dev/hda7 vga=791

Any ideas?

Thanks,
T.