[gobolinux-users] gobolinux, yay!

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Thu Oct 13 04:51:42 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 06:27, =RiCo= wrote:
> greetings

Hello there!

> at the moment i am still in the process of getting samba
> installed but apart from that, i installed gobolinux
> yesterday and it's really cool i have only been using linux
> for about 8 or 9 months and i've tried: fedora 3, red hat 9,
> suse 9.1, dsl (mostly suse 9.1 though) but what always
> annoyed me was the legacy filesystem, i mean it's not
> impossible, but i really struggled to grasp the whole concept
> of it, i mean, i have been using windows for 12 years prior
> and i just assumed filesystems were organized
> anyway, i was really happy to hear of gobolinux (via
> distrowatch)
>
> So it's installed now and (although yesterday it didn't have
> graphical login, today it does)
> there are no problems. Which is impressive in itself.
> And i am pretty sure i'll stick to this distro, probably
> mainly because i admire people who
> are willing to try new and unconventional things. :P

We're very glad to hear that! Thanks for trying Gobo!
And, as you're a new user, maybe you can find interesting to
give a read in the GoboLinux Documentation Project, which is
available in our WIKI at the following address:

http://gobolinux.org/kb

> adios
> ERiC

See ya!

--
Lucas
"Paid by the alliance, to slay all the giants