[gobolinux-users] Re: Unionfs to replace sandbox?

Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Thu Oct 13 14:10:42 GMT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:05:10 -0400
Nick Matteo <kundor at kundor.org> wrote:

> And rather
>  than the installer dying on a conflicting file, we want it to install
>  and then provide a choice between the two at link-time.

I just realized another good (?) thing, sometimes an installer wants to
append text data to a file, or edit the contents of an ascii file...
This would actually work with the unionfs approach, the modified file
would be saved in the sandbox and the user could then choose between the
file with changes or the original file.

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-