[gobolinux-users] Rootless Questions

McKinley, Richard mckinlr at sosstaffing.com
Fri Sep 2 18:19:04 GMT 2005

I was playing with Rootless under Ubuntu and tried the MySQL package.
During library linking it showed that one file was linked.  Under
~/Programs/MySQL/Current/lib was a single directory called mysql.  That
directly had 14 files, some of them symlinks.

Executing mysql resulted in missing library warnings.
~/System/Links/Libraries/ contained a link to
~/Programs/MySQL/Current/lib/mysql.  So, I copied the 14 files to .. and
relinked the program.  After that mysql would run.

So, what should have happened?  Does the package have a problem or is
the problem with  Rootless?

Thanks,

Mckinley